Help wanted! Office Support / Receptionist
(20 hours a week)
Are you someone who loves people, organization, and to help others? Is your first instinct to help others first? Do you enjoy working within an office, but only interested in a part-time gig with time flexibility? We have a role for you!
Brunswick Church is looking for a part-time Office Support/Receptionist, a flexible yet vital support function. Our best fit candidate will provide a welcoming presence, always with a smile for visitors, and be able to direct outside communications to the appropriate staff and volunteer leader, and to provide office administrative support on behalf of the staff.
If it would excite you to work alongside church staff as we humbly pursue excellence in glorifying God, we’d love to hear from you.
But first, a bit about us: Brunswick Presbyterian Church is a multicultural, multi-generational congregation who seeks to have growing influence for Jesus Christ in the Town of Brunswick, Rensselaer County, across the Capital Region and around the world. We can’t do it without someone to help us do all of that. Will it be you?
What will you be doing?
• You’ll report to the Senior Pastor, but work with staff and volunteers
• You’ll be a “welcomer” – Provide visitors and congregants with a welcoming presence, and directing inquiries or needs to the appropriate person or team, as needed
• You’ll be the “office hub” – essentially to maintain a welcoming and orderly office space, answer telephones and emails and relay messages or prayer requests to staff. In many cases, you’ll be able to respond, as appropriate, to staff and congregational inquiries yourself.
• You’ll be the “office organizer” – to keep the church office organized, to sort mail, help the staff organize weekly services and events, to help create and distribute the church bulletins and community life packets and inserts, or congregational mailings, brochures, session packets, annual reports, and other requested communications as needed. You’d also maintain and communicate the church calendar, and calendar of facilities events / usage.
• You’ll support the staff and volunteers – as they support the congregation and community. We need information maintained like the worship participation / attendance information, and congregational contact records. And we’d look to you to assist the Pastors and staff during key busy times of the year, or even to help make sure weekly staff meetings are run smoothly and the action items are recorded and dispensed.
• You’ll support the facility itself, by helping to oversee the needs, purchasing and maintenance of office equipment (excluding computers).
The position requirements – the “must haves”
• You’ll need to exhibit strong administrative, planning, and organizational skills
• You’ll have strong interpersonal skills
• You’ll have the ability to prioritize what is most important, yet also be able to be flexible with duties as unplanned changes or needs arise.
• You’ll be proficient with Microsoft Office Products (e.g., Excel, Word, Publisher, Outlook).
• You’ll have excellent spelling and grammar skills
• Most importantly, you’ll have a heart for following Christ.
The Schedule (20 hours weekly)
This role has some degree of flexibility in terms of when the work is accomplished, and your schedule will be established with the Senior Pastor.
Does this sound like you, or someone you know?
For more information or to apply, please email Staff Development Team at firstname.lastname@example.org